At the Center for RNA Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, a Postdoc position in RNA biology and medicine is open for appointment from September 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment is for three years with possibility of extension and the position will be based at the Copenhagen Campus of Aalborg University. The Department of Clinical Medicine conducts research within all the clinical medical disciplines and provides teaching resources in all subject fields at the Faculty of Medicine of Aalborg University. The Department of Clinical Medicine has 40 affiliated research units organized in a series of cross-disciplinary research programs, such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer and neurological disorders.
The Center for RNA Medicine (CRM) was established in 2015 and is located on the Copenhagen campus of Aalborg University in the heart of the South Harbor of Copenhagen. The main focus of CRM is to understand the biological functions of microRNAs (miRNAs) and long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in human health and disease. We are currently pursuing several research projects that explore the roles of non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) and RNA editing in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease (CVD), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and obesity. Our long-term goal is to translate ncRNA discoveries into novel RNA-targeted therapeutic strategies for the treatment of life-threatening diseases, and we have received DKK 60 million from the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Challenge Programme to advance development of new miRNA-targeted therapies to tackle NASH. CRM participates in the FANTOM 6 project, has brand new, state-of-the-art research facilities and a broad international network of research collaborators. For more information about CRM, please visit our website: www.rna-medicine.dk
About the position
The Center for RNA Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and qualiafied candidate with a solid interest in microRNA (miRNA) biology and RNA therapeutics. The successful candidate will be working on miRNA biology to elucidate RNA-regulatory networks in human disease. The candidate is expected to study the biological functions of candidate miRNAs in NASH and obesity in cell culture and mouse models in close collaboration with bioinformaticians and molecular and cell biologists at the Center for RNA Medicine.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Professor Sakari Kauppinen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
Furthermore, the successful candidate for the postdoc position should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology or a similar area.
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology, and in miRNA research.
- Skilled within mammalian cell culture, RNA technologies, and previous experience in working with mouse models.
- Prior experience working with omics and RNA-seq data analysis is an advantage.
- Solid publication track-record history of RNA journals as first or lead author.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Solid English skills.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply online" button below.
Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR Partner, Jeannette Bøgh by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 9940 7968. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Fri Aug 26 00:00:00 CEST 2022